Custom Software Development by Leader Services
Leader specializes in custom application development for the education market, with multiple systems in use by state and local education agencies.
Software as a Service
Most applications are developed using the Software as a Service (SaaS) model, though Leader works with our clients to develop solutions that fit their unique needs. Applications are web-based and therefore run on multiple end-user platforms, including
Windows 10 and older Microsoft OS versions, Apple devices and handheld devices. Through the SaaS model, Leader hosts applications in its secure data center, so there is no software to install, maintain or patch at your organization, saving your IT staff from additional work maintaining servers, firewalls, and other hardware and software. Leader handles hosting, server maintenance, backups and more. Assistance for day-to-day issues can be accommodated through online help, user forums or through our help desk.
Custom applications developed by Leader include:
- ORBS (Online Reporting for BrainSTEPS), a web-based tool that helps PA educators track supports and interventions for students with traumatic brain injuries.
- Outcomes, a web-based data capture and reporting tool helping the Pennsylvania Training and Technology Assistance Network (PaTTAN) track survey data relating to students transitioning from the school environment.
- An informational website in support of the PDE Annual Conference.
- CFunds, a solution for Pennsylvania's Department of Education (PDE) to manage the process whereby school districts request contingency funds for students incurring extraordinary costs due to significant disabilities.
- A custom web application for tracking training and technical assistance to schools that need help in specific areas related to the Individuals with Disabilities in Education Act (IDEA).
- A case management system for tracking, managing and reporting legal complaints at the state level.
- A web survey for parents of special education students.
- RISC - Restraint, Homebrand Reporting, Project Max
Tools and Technologies
Our development platforms include the following, although our technical and development staff members are familiar with more than we can list:
- Microsoft .NET Frameworks
- ASP.NET, VB.NET
- Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services
- Windows Server
- Internet Information Services
- Crystal Reports
- Classic Active Server Pages (ASP)